God flew me all the way to Africa and back, 20 checkpoints each way, with an airline ticket that had the wrong LAST NAME. Yep…it was a miracle!
I only got detained 3 times. Each time they came and profusely apologized, letting me pass through without speaking a word on my behalf!
I love to share my most exciting God stories. But I realize they all have one thing in common: a certain degree of peril.
The idea of living out more God miracles sounds amazing… but...today just never seems like a convenient time….
Right now, we all stand in a unique time ourselves…
War, threats of organized terrorist groups on our own soil who have entered through our open borders, political unrest, bank closures, and food chain disruptions all threaten our sense of peace.
But I encourage you to not be dismayed or discouraged.
One thing we know from the past: The biggest challenges are God's biggest opportunities to show His glory. (The enemy evidently still hasn’t caught on to that!)
I truly believe that these times we live in will be written about as a turning point in history.
It’s not been easy, especially the last few years.
And, yes, most likely there is more shaking coming...
But don't allow yourself to be shaken.
I encourage you to think ahead in time to when we are past these hurdles and consider what you want your children to tell their children about how you responded to these times.
Mama, this could prove to be one of your greatest teaching opportunities. You were chosen to be here by God for such a time as this, at just the stage you are at.
You set the tone for your home.
Arrest your emotions and declare, "Today we are going to focus on the greatness of God. I am taking every thought captive and making it obedient to Christ!" (2 Cor.10)
What we see all around us in the physical is only a representation of what is happening in the spiritual realm.
We know as believers in Christ that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the demolishing of strongholds. (2 Cor. 10:4)
What you believe is not what you say, it is what you do.
Practical things you can do now in this battle against darkness:
1. Put your focus on the Lord and what He says. Read them aloud at the dinner table. Scriptures such as…
2. Pray without ceasing. (1 Thess. 5:17)
3. Put on the armor of God. Every day. (Eph 6:10-18)
4. Ponder on the identity that we have as believers in Christ, then take action. (Click here to listen to a message about this.)
5. Keep worship music playing in your home and seek His Presence.
6. Encourage yourself by subscribing to daily encouraging words such as Dutch Sheets' Give Him 15.
7. Prepare in case of increased unrest - It doesn't hurt to have a little extra food and cash on hand for possibly turbulent times in the financial arena and food chains. (We have put some of our assets ino silver, a tangible asset instead of just having digital numbers on a bank statement.)
I heard Julie Green say this: When we Worship And Resist (W.A.R.), the Wicked Are Restricted (W.A.R.))! Amen.
As history is made and we are in a mighty turn, may we go forth mighty in the Word.
And may our children rise up and do the same.
My friend Jill recently gave me the above painting by Kristine Monaghan, “Generational Roar”, which encompasses the passion of this word.
Praying for you and yours,
P.S. Plan to attend the Coach Mom Live Retreat in Phoenix Feb. 23-24, 2024! (Special sessions for foster and adoptive moms!)
Get $30 off now with the promo code THANKSGIVING2023! CLICK HERE NOW