Got asthma in your house?
And I recently learned something really important to know.
A 20-year independent study found that using national brand cleaners as little as once a week is as damaging to lung capacity as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for 20 years.
Why is this important to share?
1. In 2019, 44.3 percent of children ages 18 and younger suffered one or more asthma attacks, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation. Increasing in percentage each year, it is one of the most common and costly diseases in America, and can be deadly.
2. I'm all about teamwork being dreamwork in the home and that includes getting kids in on the cleaning.
3. I've learned of some practical changes that can protect asthmatics in your family by eliminating the toxin exposure from common cleaners like Windex, Scrubbing Bubbles, Soft Scrub with Bleach and Fantastik.
Mama, I do encourage you to get the kids involved when it comes to cleaning, but don't do what I was doing...unknowingly exposing them (and myself!) to lung damage equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes every day.
(Even if your children aren't doing the cleaning, are they near you when you are doing the cleaning?)
I have an educator friend that is going to share some steps and offer tools for a healthier household!
Want an invitation?
Why should you come?
2. Keep your eyes out for a text from me with the Zoom link
3. Get ready to win a book just for coming
4. Learn new ways to create a healthier home